AYSO Area 1-P
2014 Lower Division Playoffs
Area 1-P Lower Division Playoffs - January and February 2014
(January 18, 2015) The League Champions U10 games scheduled for Kenneth Hahn fields on Sunday January 11 are postponed and will be played on Saturday January 31. Watch this space for further announcements.
The schedules for the All Star Playoffs have been published. Pool play will take place on Saturday and Sunday, January 17 and 18; quarterfinals will be played on Saturday January 24 and semifinals and finals will take place on Sunday January 25. Note that on Saturday 24:
- In Boys Under 12, the 7th place team will play the 10th place team. The winner will play the 1st place team. Also, the 8th place team will play the 9th place team and the winner will play the 2nd place team.
- In Boys Under 10 and Girls Under 12th, the 8th place team will play the 9th place team. The winner will play the 1st place team.
- In Girls Under 14, the first place team has a bye into the semifinals on Sunday.
- In Boys Under 14 and Girls Under 10, regular quarterfinals will be played.
|League Champions Playoffs||All Star Playoffs|
|Schedule, Results and Standings|
No one has a vested interest in the schedules. Just because your team has been given a particular time, that does not mean that we need your permission to change it. We reserve the right to make scheduling changes for the benefit of the program as a whole. This includes situations where a team would be severely depleted at the originally scheduled time. Also, as all-powerful as we like to think ourselves, we do not control the weather or the people who grant and pull our field permits.
2014 Season Notes
Our Area now has ten regions. To accommodate this, four teams in each division will play a preliminary game at the beginning of the day to determine which will go on to play, later in the day, in the bracket of eight that play quarter finals. Although we realize that the teams who play in this game will have to play an extra game, we felt that this was the simplest way of keeping the League Champions Playoffs to a single weekend. IF YOUR LEAGUE CHAMPION TEAM SCHEDULED TO PLAY A PRELIMINARY ROUND GAME, MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM KNOWS THAT IF IT WINS, IT WILL PLAY A SECOND GAME ON THE SAME DAY. Preliminary games are marked as "Play In Game" on the schedule.
The teams chosen to play an extra game have beend chosen at random. In 2014, all regions will have teams in two or three divisions involved in play-in games. If a region has a Wild Card team, the Wild Card team must play in the play-in game. Wild Card teams will not be scheduled to play a team from their own region before the semi-finals. In 2013, two regions, SLA and LAC, had two teams playing a preliminary game; all other regions had one. (Note for conspiracy theorists: In 2012, six regions played preliminary games; those regions were exempt from having to play more than one this year. The two regions (WLA and LF) that escaped playing preliminary games last year and more than one this year will be first up for extra preliminary games this year.)
In the All Star Playoffs:
- In U12, we have 10 boys teams and 9 girls teams. As a result, during the first round (January 17 and 18) three games a day are being scheduled at Westwood Park, since Markham Middle School cannot accommodate more than 8 games a day.
- In all divisions, every team plays four games against randomly chosen opponents. These games count for points according to the scoring system published in our rules. The teams will then be seeded in the elimination round of the playoffs according to where they placed in the standings. In any division with more than 8 teams (this year BU10, BU12 and GU12), for the playoff weekend (January 24 and 25) we will use the same preliminary game system as we did for the League Champions to get down to 8 teams in the quarterfinals.
- teams are responsible for set-up and take down of fields at all fields. Make sure you know if your game is the first or last of the day and be prepared to have volunteers available to help.
- If you are participating at any field and yours is the first game of the day, you may be responsible for setting up goals, nets and flags.
- If you are participating in the last game of the day, you may be responsible for dismantling or moving goals and for putting away flags.
- Points may be deducted for an All Star team that fails to carry out its set-up/takedown responsibilities. We reserve the right to impose other sanctions.