Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) Awareness Training
AYSO has a new state mandated training requirement for all volunteers (administrators, board members, coaches, referees, coordinators, instructors, etc.). This is a one-time only training for AYSO volunteers in California.
- Go to this website: nfhslearn.com/courses/sudden-cardiac-arrest
(Other ways to get the site: https://www.aysovolunteers.org/sudden-cardiac-arrest-sca-2/ and click on the “One-time Training” link in the table row pertaining to “California”)
- Create NFHS account by clicking “Sign-In” icon at top right of webpage.
- “Order” Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) course…….it is free of charge!
- Course takes about 15 minutes to complete (simple 6 question quiz at end of course).
- Save completion certificate as a pdf (keep for your records).
- Referees should email a copy of the completed certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other volunteers should email a copy of the completed certificate to their Regional Commissioner for their records.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest is the number one cause of death in the United States for student athletes during exercise. Caused by a structural or electrical problem associated with the heart, Sudden Cardiac Arrest happens when the heart unexpectedly stops beating and pumping blood.
With content developed by Simon’s Heart, this course will help you learn and recognize the warning signs and symptoms of Sudden Cardiac Arrest. Also included are tips for what to do in the critical moments after an individual suddenly collapses in order to save their life.
Safe Haven and Concussion Awareness Certification
- All volunteers must register or update their volunteer registration as AYSO volunteers for the current year.
- All volunteers must complete SAFE Haven and Concussion Awareness online courses before officiating any games.
- Safe Haven (AYSOU - Online Courses)
- CDC concussion training (AYSOU - Online Courses)